Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Soccer

Yesterday was Asa's first day of soccer.  He was so cute! I totally forgot to brush his hair so he has major crazy hair.  He's playing for the Legacy Center here in Lehi.  There are 6 teams with probably 10  kids on each team.  At first when we walked in the room it seemed pretty chaotic, and I feared that Asa would be nervous and not let me sit down.  We found his group and I excitedly told him his team mates were his friends and he was happy.  In fact, I think he forgot I was even there.  They had 6 different groups that taught different aspects of soccer.  I noticed Asa was paying attention really well and was following directions really well.  Though, he did get totally side tracked at warm up when he saw another straggling kid playing with the balls (see the first picture).  Once he had made it through all of the sections he was right by me, and I had it smile at me.  He was so surprised to see me sitting there. He gave me a big smile as he searched the bleachers for my voice. once we made contact he ran over and gave me a hug.  He had such a good time.  I wish soccer would last longer than twice a week for three weeks. 




After his first day I wanted cute pictures of him...and this is what he gave me. 


1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cute, I just came across some pictures of Cody playing soccer. The big difference between Asa and Cody, is that Cody played in Wranglers. I will send you the pictures.