Tuesday, June 30, 2009

What a day...

Seriously, this was one of my most favorite times of boating ever.  We went out on the lake yesterday and it was so beautiful.  The weather was perfect, the water was perfect and everyone had a good time.  I sat there in the bow of the boat just taking in all of God's beauty.  Snuggling with Coen (like I had much of a choice, he was petrified) and going with the motion of the waves (created by us) and just simply enjoying the warm air and the atmosphere.  Asa loved it this time as well.  Last week he went with Cody and Cody's friends and I guess he wanted to go home before the even got to the harbor.  This time he was sitting by himself watching the action going on behind us.  I just dont even know how to put into words how great it was.  And really I think it was all my perspective, Cody, most likely, didn't feel like this trip was any different than any other, besides the perfect water.  As I thought and pondered life's blessings I couldn't help but feel so grateful that we had the opportunity 6 years ago to purchase a boat.  I'm so grateful now that we still have it, and that it runs (it spent two years out of commission) I imagine there will be many more family memories made with this boat, and I'm so grateful! I feel like I have so much to be grateful for in life, and this is just a piece of it. 

I love this picture of Asa watching his Daddy wakeboard. 

4 comments:

Amy said...

So So fun for you guys! I know, sometimes you just have those little glimpses where you sit back and think, WOW, I am truly so blessed and grateful! Cute pics

audreywaldron said...

I'm so glad you guys had so much fun!! Asa will be wakeboarding like Cody before you know it :)

Jennifer said...

How nice for you to be able to spend time together and to have such perspective of life’s treasures. Boats are great; back in the day we had a lot of good times on ours.

Grandma Sis said...

Darling pictures and I am so happy you have the perspective that you do and that you are enjoying your times together as a family. Just be careful. Love ya, Grandma Sis