Saturday, June 27, 2009

Parade

With some friendly encouragement from the MIL and BFF I decided we'd go to the parade this morning.  I was spoiled growing up because I lived 2 houses away from main street.  So, whenever I wanted to go to the parade I just walked.  I think because of that I have had no interest in the past 8 years to attend Lehi's parade.  It seemed like such a hassle to park 4 miles away and walk main street. LOL.  I am so glad I went.  The kids had a great time and were really good.  I thought for sure Coen would be a little monster and run around the whole time, but he didn't.  It was so much fun!  Too bad I didn't bring my camera, so you are stuck with iphone photos.  Asa said he wasn't going to look.  He wanted to watch the parade.  

Carrie made these stinking cute bullseyes for candy and it worked! The kids got pelted with candy and even an otter pop at times.  One lady thought she'd show us and walked by and said "nope" and tossed candy to the next group! Too funny.  

1 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

Ohhhh parades! Aren't they fun? I do love the bullseye idea! I think I will do that for the 4th of July parade! Looks like fun. Wish we could have been there to join in all the fun! BTW, loved your Fathers Day post. I think it made your FIL feel good that you would take the time to pay a little tribute to him! Way to go....have to stand me up!! JK. Love ya lots!