Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Fathers Day!

I just wanted to take a moment to pay tribute to all the daddy's!!  

I am so blessed to have such a great husband, who is a great daddy to our boys.  He loves to be busy and to do fun stuff with them.  I love that he works so hard to give us a great life! I love that he comes home as soon as he can from work to be with us.  I love that he does whatever we need him to.  I love that my kids love him more than anyone else (although Coen is a bit of a momma's boy) The moment Daddy gets home is the highlight of the day!

I really and truly am so grateful to be the daughter of such a wonderful human being.  My dad is one of the kindest people on this Earth.  He dedicates his whole life to helping others.  He inspires me to be a better person.  I can't recall a time ever in my life that he has ever spoken an unkind word about anyone.  He is so sweet to me and my boys.  I know I can always count on him to hang out with my boys if I need him.  I love how much he loves my kids and how much they love him. I know anytime I need someone to talk to I can always talk to him and get whatever encouragement I am seeking. I love that my dad is a little on the hippy side and has a pony tail, wears chuck taylor shoes and plays the banjo and the Euke like nobody's business and I love that he is a fabulous song writer. I love you Daddy!
We have been blessed with the opportunity to live next to Cody's Grandpa Frank.  I love that my kids love him so much.  He morphs from a grumpy, gruff, opinionated old man to a big loving teddy bear who loves hugs and kisses from my boys.  Asa has an obsession with going over there everyday.  I don't think his day would be complete if he hasn't seen Grandpa and Grandma! I cherish their relationship!  

We also love to go visit Cody's Dad, Daron, in St. George.  I wish we got to see them more often, but we love to spend time with them whenever we can get away.  He loves to show us a good time when we go down there.  It has been so amazing to watch him grow as a person over the past few years.  He has always been a very kind, fun loving, and genuine person, but now he's even better! 
I have the most amazing big brother in the whole world! He has always been one of my very best friends! As we've gotten older and now have families of our own we don't get to see each other as much.  but I cherish every opportunity we get to hang out.  I love to see him playing with his kids.  He's so full of energy with them and I always know when Daddy's got them they are going to have a great time!  I love that he's a very dedicated (and maybe a little obsessive) hard worker at whatever he is doing. He does whatever it takes to do what he needs to support his family and to enjoy what he does.
My Brother in Law, Rik, is one of the most dedicated father's I know! He loves his girls like nothing else (aside from my sister).  He is a fabulous uncle too! My kids always have a good time when he is hanging out with us!  We are lucky that my sister married such a great person.

Sadly, I don't have pictures of all the other fathers out there in our life! So, I want to wish a Happy Fathers Day to everyone else!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Very sweet post Anna, love how cute you are with your dad, I have to admit, I'm just as much a daddy's girl too. Hey check your emails!

Nut's and Boltz said...

What a great tribute to all the important Men in your life. Your family is so cute look at all those boys... I hope all is good so excited you found me.

Tammy said...

What a great tribute to all the Fathers in your life Anna. You done a great job.