Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Day at the park and a movie

Recently, I have been blessed to reconnect with a childhood friend, Carrie.  We have been walking every morning for the past month and one day she called to tell me that she saw an ad in the paper for a kids matinee at the old Towne Cinema.  It started this week so we thought we'd go for it.  This is the first time Asa and Coen have been to a movie in a show house. Asa was laughing histerically at the movie at first and then got kinda bored about an hour into it.  Coen was only entertained by the movie for about 10 minutes.  Since it is a kids program, there were 5,000,000 kids there, so it didn't really matter if Coen was acting up or not.  It was fun to go with Carrie and her two kids.  Asa calls her Cuwwee.  Not so good on the R thing :).  It was also fun to see the Towne Cinema after so long.  I don't think I've been there since I was in Jr High.  It hasn't changed too much, besides new seats, paint, and carpet. It was nice inside and the kids had a great time.


When I tell Coen that we're going to take a picture he immediately sits down.  So they are sitting down in the foyer of the movie theater. 


Sunday afternoon we went to the park in Pleasant Grove with all the cool wooden things.  The boys loved it and never wanted to leave.  Coen didn't really know what to do, but Asa figured everything out.  When we got home I went out back and working in the yard a little and Asa was having way too much fun with the hose!  In fact, I'm surprised he would squirt himself with it!  It was pretty funny.

I don't know why this picture won't rotate the right way.  It is that way in my Iphoto.  SO, I guess you'll have to tilt your head.  Asa was trying his darndest to get up this thing and he was actually having quite the time.  Coen looked at it and decided it wasn't for him.  He walked away shortly after this picture was taken.
I forgot my camera, so i took these pictures from my phone.  This one is so funny of Coen.  I don't know why HE showed up red, but it's still cute.   He loved the slide and even had his own version of the word "slide". 


6 comments:

Kati said...

DUDE!! I want to know where this park is! I sounds and looks awesome! Also- we are having a way cool, super fun Activity Days meeting at Jess' tomorrow at 11am. Hope to see you there! -We totally need your wonderful ideas! You're AWESOME!-

Grandma Sis said...

Anna, You know one of the funnest days Amy had with her kids was basically not spending any money and just spending the day with them at that park also. Movie sounded interesting, not necessarily fun. Bentley looks so cute. Can't wait to see her in person. Love ya, Grandma Sis

Amy said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pic of ASA spraying himself with the hose, hilarious! Looks like fun!

Angie Stewart Black said...

What a good mom you are. I have a couple of rag muffins you can take with you next time!!

audreywaldron said...

That's awesome you are doing fun and exciting things! I wish I could motivate myself somehow.... Could you please find my Mojo :)

Mom at Our House said...

The "sticky shoe" theater and "Popsicle Park" to great classics :)