Thursday, November 20, 2008

Birthday Bash!

It is amazing to think that 3 years ago I became a mother! We celebrated my big boys 3rd birthday last night. He had a blast. Throughout the day he would say "Happy birday ah me!" We had been hyping him up all week about how it was going to be his birthday and he was so excited. I don't know who was more excited....me or him! I decided to be ambitious and make his cake. We were having a "race car" birthday, so I had to keep in theme and made a race car track. I am not a huge cake fan, mainly because of the frosting. So I decided to make a whipped cream, cream cheese frosting. Oh boy was it GOOD!!!! It did take about all afternoon though. Baking is not one of my natural talents, so it took me probably twice as long as a normal person LOL.


Asa was so excited for the cake. he talked all day about his race car cake
It took him about 10 tries to blow the candles out. It was so cute.
Opening presents
Baby brother for a present
Being excited over the HUGE Cars coloring book his Auntie Em Gave him
The aftermath.

It was a good time and it was so fun to see him so animated throughout the whole evening.

5 comments:

Angie Stewart Black said...

What a super cute cake! I am proud of you. That is awesome and you did a great job. I am bummed we missed out but it looks like he had a wonderful time! Happy Birthday ASA!! We love you.

Best Family said...

I can't believe you have a 3 year old, that is crazy. You did a great job on the cake.

Amy said...

Love the cake Anna, and I can't believe sweet little Asa is already 3, wowzers. Darling pics, it looks like he had a great time.

Mom at Our House said...

Cute cake! It turned out good. I love the "aftermath" photo. He is looking around like, what do I do know?

Grandma Sis said...

Sorry I couldn't stay. I already had a commitment. It looks like he had a good time. I am proud of you for making the cake. See, you can do it.