Sunday, November 1, 2009

A new skill

Anyone who has known me my whole life knows that my life has always revolved around being creative. I was always spending my time in lah lah land making up stories, drawing or playing with sculpy. Somewhere along the line during my jr high and high school + years I lost this part of me.  About 2 years ago, just after Coen was born, it came back.  And over time I've been spending my time redeveloping my lost creativity, and learning new skills. One of these new skills happens to be sewing/quilting. A couple of months ago we got twin beds for the boys and that sparked a wild hair to make blankets for the kids' new beds.  It only took me about 6 weeks from start to finish to construct and quilt two twin sized quilts. It was so fun!  So here they are.  I am going to make some pillows, but haven't had a chance to yet. 
Here is an up close on the quilting.  Not the best picture, but you get the idea.
Please scroll down for our halloween fun :)

5 comments:

Amy said...

They are awesome, I LOVE the colors. Wow, you really are such a creative little gal. Good job!

Britt's Clan said...

You so need to teach me how to do this!! I want new bedding for the kids but I can't find any quilts I like. So if I could make them that would be AWESOME!!!! Teach me :)

audreywaldron said...

They look sooo good!! P.s. your unitard is awesome!!!

Jennifer said...

Very nice, you have done a wonderful job. I am proud of you for getting "you " back. It makes such a big differnce in ones life.

SeeJulieStamp said...

Those turned out so cute! Love the pattern!