Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween 2009

Our Halloween festivities started off Thursday when we took Asa up the Heber Creeper's Haunted Canyon.  Coen was supposed to go, but he started his day off with a cough, so Grandma Kathy kept him home.  We thought it was going to be freezing cold.  When we got there we found out the train cars are actually heated! Oh well.  Next time we will know. Asa thought the train was so fun.  He loved watching out the window and I think he was a little scared.



On Friday we had a halloween costume party to go to.  Cody and I are dressed up as the Joker and his girl friend Harley Quinn, and the boys are Batman and Robin.  Asa has been obsessed with batman for quite some time.  I think he was more excited than anyone that Cody and I were dressed in theme.  I still can't believe I went out in public in a unitard! Oh, the things we do for our kids!
Cody took Saturday off (big shocker, he never takes a day off) and we decided we'd head to corn belly's. Asa and Coen had a great time.  Not pictured is the scary monster we went inside.  The boys hated every second of it.  Asa is still afraid of it and last night he thought every weird noise was the monster coming to get us. Cody and I are still laughing about it.  Mean parents I know. They rode the cow train....
...played in the corn kernels....
....and of course the corn maze that was so trampled we only walked around a little bit just to make the boys feel like we'd done everything.
Then of course trick or treating.  The weather was actually decent.  We hit more houses than we ever have. Asa was pretty excited to go out, aside from being scared that the monster would find us out and about.  Coen would say trick or treat and then thank everyone for the candy.  Here's our little Robin
And Batman

6 comments:

Amy said...

You guys look so dang cool by the way, I LOVE the costumes! In fact, we may have to borrow some time. Very cool! The boys look great, glad you had a good day.

Angie Stewart Black said...

Cute Costumes. Looks like fun.

Best Family said...

I think you looked good in your costume Anna, you all did. If I could get Chris to dress up in theme I think we would go as the Incredibles. That will never happen. I am glad you had a great Halloween.

Mom at Our House said...

I NEED to know where you got that Robin costume. Spenc is obsessed with Robin right now.

Jennifer said...

Look at you guys, how FUN! and no Carson party to go to this year, oh well maybe next year. I'm glad you guys get to do fun stuff with your boys, I'm sure they had a great time.

Grandma Sis said...

Quilts look great and all your pictures are awesome. It looked like and sounded like you had a great Halloween. Hope to see you all soon. Love, Grandma Sis