Tuesday, March 31, 2009

18 Months

I can't believe my baby boy is already 18 months old!  He is so independent already look at him, he can already drive a car!

He's super attached to this special blanket.  It was Cody's when he was a baby.  It's extra special because Grandma Mary (Tammy's mom) made it for Cody, but she had already passed on when my kids were born.  I feel like maybe Coen's attachment to this blanket means that he's keeping his connection to his Great-Grandma Mary. 
He likes to feed himself.  In fact he gets MAD when I try to feed him now.  It results in a lot of messes, but he has to learn somehow I suppose.
He is a big time climber.  Loves to climb anything.  He figured out this slide thing all on his own...unfortunately big brother taught him how to slide down on his belly.  Since this slide is just a little one, it worked out okay with out any injuries.
He jabbers a lot.  He says wonderful things like "Don't" "mine" and "no".  Though he doesn't end any of his words so it's just "DOOOO" and MIIIIII" and then of course "NOOOO".  Other words he says are "mah, Dah, mamah, Meemah, papa, goggie(for doggie)", high pitched "ahhh" for the kittie meowing, "Aya (Asa), nana, nana (banana), eeeeeee (eat), JUUUUU(juice), Deeeee (drink), hu-hu (hug hug),HI, and bye-with a darling open hand wave.  and then he makes a series of sounds that are supposed to be "there it is".  but I only what it means by the tone of his voice.  I think that's about all of his words.  i will catch him singing to himself sometimes.  He's a really good baby on his own, but get him with his brother and they are a terrible duo! 

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I love that his baby language. That's so cute that he sings to himself!

Jennifer said...

He is the cutest 18 month old I know. I love his litte mischeivious eyes and his fun little smile. What a cutie!

Angie Stewart Black said...

Well, I would have to say...he is pretty dang cute. I can't believe how fast they grow up. He is adorable.

Britt's Clan said...

You know I LOVE Co-Miser he is sooo CUTE!!! So is ASA. I can't believe he is 18 months before I know it they will be starting school!!!! Way cute pictures! :)

Grandma Sis said...

Anna,
Coen is growing up wayyy too fast. It is sure fun to see the things they learn and the independence they need.

Nut's and Boltz said...

OOOh your Boys are so dang cute!!! I love little boys their always into something,and love to be dirty... Good to hear from you. keep intouch, we need to get together have lunch or something. I'm coming home for the summer so lets do something.