Friday, August 29, 2008

A tribute to the best





Well tomorrow marks the one year anniversary that we lost our baby boy.  Bronco "the boy" Black.  He was born June 6th 2001.  We brought him home late July of 2001.  From that point on he was our baby.  Slept in our bed, on the couch, went on rides with Cody.  In fact for a period of time he even went to work with Cody every day.  He was the best dog ever.  He loved everyone he came across.  Visitors were greeted with excessive love, which always included "kidney beaning", licks, jumping and then sometimes just plain sitting on! He had full reign of our house.  We got a doggy door for the patio door so he could come in and out as he pleased.  Mostly he liked it in the house, or just wherever we were at. He was a magnificent dog.  I still miss him as much as I did the day he died.  Which brings me to the story of that day.  I was working every day at the shop for Cody and was VERY heavy with child.  I came home from work and getting Asa from the sitter around 5-6 pm and found that he had passed away unexpectedly.  Talk about traumatic.  I don't know that I've ever cried so hysterically.  It was so sad Cody couldn't even bury him that day.  So we waited until the next morning and buried him in a nice peaceful place in the yard in front. Every night Cody would run out there with Asa and say goodnight to him.  Asa still knows where Bronco is.  And sometimes he even still says hi.  Bronco was one of the first words Asa said.  And every dog and 4-legged creature was Bronco.  Even Lexi was Bronco, until he died, and then Asa had to figure out how to say Lexi.  Here's my tribute to the best.  


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That has got be hard to loose such a good friend. To be honest I have never had a pet so I have never lost one.

audreywaldron said...

Ah, I'm sorry about Bronco. When I first saw your blog, I thought that it was Lexi, until I read it!!! Dogs are like children, you are so attached to them and it's hard when they go :(

Grandma Sis said...

Very nice tribute. He was a beautiful dog. Just perfect. Those are had times to go thru. Sorry.

Jennifer said...

Now I feel like even more of an idiot………I didn’t even know that Bronco died. Did you ever find out what happened? I am so sorry and I know that it is difficult to lose a pet. Great tribute

Amy said...

Believe me, I know how you feel. I am sorry and I'm sure it still is hard. How cute that Cody and Asa went out to say good night every night, seriously that makes me want to cry. Cute little tribute to such a cute little dog.