Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Fun

We had a nice 4th.  My entire family came over for a bbq and fireworks.  The kids all got along great and we all had a great time.  Dad even was the one to buy fireworks (which he normally won't do).  Cody hooked up the wagon to the power wheels 4 wheeler earlier in the day and was pulling it around.  So later on when the family got there, Jada and Kelsey got in the wagon and Asa dragged them around the driveway and they all had a blast!  We had like four million sparklers and the kids had a great time with them.  I slowed down my shutter speed to get the really cool sparkler picture.  Asa burned himself on the first sparkler he held.  Cody told him not to touch the fire end, so when the fire went out he touched that end and burned himself.  He didn't fuss much so I didn't think he really got hurt, then the next morning I saw that he had a blister on his thumb and finger.  They had a really fun time and it was great being able to spend this holiday with  my family.  

I am so grateful for my freedom in every aspect of the word.  And I am grateful for the sacrifice our troops make defending our rights.  God Bless America! 






 

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you had such a great 4th! Whats up with kids getting burned? I guess the joys of parenting, I have a few "sparkler burn" stories myself. Looks like all the kids had a great time, that's what it's all about.

Anonymous said...

So fun!