Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Big Birthday Boy

It is so amazing how time flies. 3 years ago I was laying in the hospital recovering from a c-section admiring my sweet newborn baby, deciding on a middle name. Now I have another mouth that tells me he loves me (amongst other things) gives me hugs and kisses and makes me laugh.

We celebrated his birthday on Sunday. We had a Lego themed party (after we fell in love with legos in Legoland) I dug my cricut out of the corner, blew the dust off of it, and made this stinking cute banner for Coen.
Here is a close up of it. Luckily I had purchased a super sweet software program when I was big into the cricut. I can use any font I want to. I had a font already on there that was a Lego font. So away I went. Here is a close up...
Here is Coen with his presents. I don't know why, but when I asked him to smile, he wouldn't. So this is the best I could get.
This is the first year for him that Asa hasn't opened all his presents. You can see that Asa is admiring his gifts though as he opens them. In fact, Asa has been telling me they are all his.
Playing with the goods.
Here is the cake. If you can't tell, it's an orange Lego block! Coen said he wanted Red frosting...but I vetoed that and compromised with Orange.
There's a smile. He gave me another flat face when I asked for a smile...so this is what I got. I'll take it.
Meema had to help him blow out the candles.
He ended up with 5 sets of Legos, Pj's, transformers, carhauler truck, books, little dump truck thing, monster trucks, race car.

A few things about Coen at this age:
He loves to quietly pester his brother so he cries
He still has a special blanket
He can count to ten
He can spell his name( but doesn't recognize his letters)
knows all the colors
knows lots of shapes
loves anything Asa loves
he loves to sing
He loves to brush his teeth and smear tooth paste all over the sink when I'm not looking
gets mad at legos and breaks whatever i've built for him
he is a very sweet boy, and tons of loyalty for Asa. If Asa is crying about something Coen often times will too.

Happy Birthday Coen Meister

1 comments:

Best Family said...

Wow time does fly by way fast!!! HAPPY BIRHDAY COEN!!!