Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Zoo-rific Birthday

Daron & Angie came up weekend before last (wow I need to be more current with my pictures) and we decided to hit the zoo! To be honest it was LAME. Unless you are a monkey enthusiast. The boys thought it was okay though. So I guess that's all that matters. I snapped this picture on the way into the zoo. I can't believe I got them both looking directly into the sun!

Asa being intrigued about the Elephant he was looking at
The big gorilla
Us waiting outside of a little cafe
the cute baby giraffe. I would have liked to of pet it and hugged it.
The boys wanted to ride the carousal. Coen wasn't scared, surprisingly
Of course we have to measure against a gorilla. Coen couldn't be bothered
Looking at the gorilla. I would have expected the gorilla to be bigger.
I had to get measured. Asa loved it and wanted to do it again....obviously
Monday was my birthday....As you know...and this is a picture of me singing happy birthday to myself.
we didn't have 28 candles, so Cody just started putting candles up.
Tammy was so thoughtful and got me an icecream cake. She knows that I don't really care for traditional cake It was SOOO yummy!!!! Thanks Tammy!
Coen liked it too
Cody was being helpful in the cake cutting and serving process. It doesn't happen very often, so made sure to get a picture of it! JK. Cody is very helpful in other ways...just not in cake cutting and serving.
Eating my yummy-licious ice cream cake! MMMMMMMMM I loved it...And I loved it the next day and day after just as much.

3 comments:

Amy said...

So so fun, love the birthday shots. And hey, you have some really CUTE DARLING AWESOME family pics from my dad. So dang cute!

Britt's Clan said...

I am sad I missed the ice cream cake those are the BEST!!! I heard that is was very good. I like the idea of all the adults getting ice cream cakes now for their B-day's. That is MUCH better then regular cake I don't like it very much.

Angie Stewart Black said...

WHAT? Cody cut the cake? Wow, he must have wanted your day to be special wecial!! JK. The cakes look delicious. Lucky you to get ice cream cake. YUMMY. yeah, I have to agree. the zoo was the lamest thing ever. Why didn't someone warn us? Oh well, I guess the boys did have fun...and yeah, I guess that is all that matters. Glad you had a good day.