Wednesday, May 6, 2009

8 Years later

I guess I should have posted this on Tuesday, since that was the big day...but here we are on Friday....Tuesday marked 8 years that we have been married!  It's so amazing how time flies.  I pulled out my wedding pictures so I could scan them and post some "then and now" pictures...but wouldn't you know that my scanner won't work because I am out of cyan ink! ARGH! And NOW I cant find the pictures I set aside to scan.  I know I had them on the desk, and I can't find them anywhere now.  So anywho....All you get is the now.  It was fun to pull out the pictures and reminisce on that day 8 years ago.  We were engaged just over 6 months and towards the end it was pretty stressful. I wanted the time to be able to make everything we could ourselves to save money.  And we succeeded.  My mom and I made the dress,  I did the invitations, we did the flowers, the favors, center pieces, and all the decorating.  The only thing we didn't do was the cake and the photography.  It was a nice day even though I was exhausted from it all!!!  


IT was kind of a lame day as far as celebration goes.  We didn't have a babysitter so we took the kids with us to dinner.  We drove 30 minutes to N. Salt Lake to the best Mexican restaurant around.  Normally we get in and out of there in no time.  So this time we get seated right away and then didn't even see a waiter for 30 minutes.  The people across the way had ordered before we even got there and hadn't received their food yet.  So we decided that our time was ticking for cooperating kids and we decided to leave.  We were thought about going to another restaurant, but then decided that our window of opportunity for good kids was closed and we got JCW's drive up.  I'm pretty sure we spent more money there than we would have at Lorena's.  Oh well though...it was what it was.  Hopefully sometime this summer we can go somewhere with just us.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Day to you guys! I totally remember what a beautiful wedding you guys had. What Mexican Restruaunt did you guys go to? Sorry that you didn't end up staying.

Hey and thank you SOOOOO much for the sweet card, you are such a thoughtful gal you know. Happy Mother's Day to you too. Sure do love ya.

Jennifer said...

Anniversary's are nice when things come together....but who ever gets that? Sorry you had to take the kids, I'm sure one of us could have watched them for you.......I know I will volunteer Brittany.

Thank you for the sweet card, you are so thoughtful. Sorry I didn't get back to you on Britts address, she is still using mine anyway. Thanks again!

Grandma Sis said...

Happy belated anniversary. I to remember your wedding day. It was beautiful. Sorry about the restaurant incident. Love ya, Grandma Sis

Jas said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Any advice for someone who has only been married almost two? Haha. It's so nice and refreshing to see people that have been together for 8 years still happy and in love. I know lots of marriages where the wife totally despises the husband, and it bugs me. I really have a point! Haha. Cheers to you guys! Wishing you many, many more years of happiness:) (that turned out a bit more cheesy then i intended...sorry!)

Angie Stewart Black said...

Um yeah, I hope we make it to our 8 year anniversary. If your FIL would stop eating hamburger every night, then maybe he won't have a clogged artery and die of a heart attack!! Wish us luck!