Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Coen

Can you believe we celebrated Coen's first birthday already! Wow!  he is getting so big (literally) We had family over for cake and ice cream.  Coen wasn't real interested in the presents.  I think Asa and I opened all of them while he sit and squirmed in my lap while I forced him to enjoy it LOL.  Here are a few pics of the occasion.

Asa and I opening presents
The most favorite present ever.  Which has to be the most noisy. So it has made it's way upstairs to the carpeted area.  
Check out the size of that piece of cake! He was very careful with it.  He used his first finger and thumb to carefully remove and eat the frosting around the edges.  After about 5 minutes of that I scraped the rest of the "fluff" with a spoon so he'd get to the cake part!
Yep he ate just about the whole thing! And savored and loved every bite of it!
Here is the cake before we devoured it.  Yes it says Coen Meister.  That's his name you know LOL.  Next year it may not be, so I thought it would be funny to put that on the cake for his first birthday.  Some of his cousins think that is actually his name!!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to sweet little "big boy" Coen! I cannot believe it has already been a year, wow time flies. He looks so cute. It's funny because Mya has one of those toys and rolls it all over the hardwood and yes we just love the sound it makes, LOL! Glad you had fun.

audreywaldron said...

So Cute!! Happy birthday Coen meister!! Sounds like you guys had fun and Kelsey and her new grandpa are adorable :)

Jennifer said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Coen! Wow does time fly or what? He is such a cute little bug-a-boo, glad you had a good time.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Coen! I can't believe you looked so clean after eating the cake. I expect it will be all over Benson.

Angie Stewart Black said...

I hope he had a wonderful birthday! Is he officially walking then? He is so dang cute! Happy Birthday Coen Meister!!!

Grandma Sis said...

Coen Meister. I think it is cute. He is darling. I think he had a good time at his party. So did Asa. Cute boys,